Friday, December 08, 2006

Cow

Cow is the national animal of Nepal. I may think that beef is not the cow of Nepal, but as a Nepali, I have some inborn gene(?) that makes me respect cow.

Maoist are talking about removing cow from the National animal.

National animal is not just about honouring an animal, but it reflects the social and cultural glimpse of the nation. It is true that Cow is our current national animal becuase of her religious link with Hinduism. But it that all?

If we see the present context, all Nepalese respect cow regardless of their religion. Our society has lifted cow's position from religious to cultural values.

(Well, I abandoned this post yesterday thinking I will continue today. But not in mood to continue now. Sorry)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you.

Ajaya said...

Cow is good, just like your mood