Friday, November 17, 2006

Religion Vs Thinking

1. I have started eating beef after coming to the USA.

2. I still have yagyopabit( Janai) around my neck.

3. I was in Houston in 28th October with some friends. In front of an Indian store there, I was offered some packed sweet saying that it is 'PRASADAM'. They were volunteers for 'Hare Krishna'. I rejected that so called Prasadam saying 'I don't believe in God'.

4. I do believe in God.

Is there any connection between these thinkings? Very hard to find out.

**For me, Beef is just a kind of food. While I eat it, I never take it as an act against my religion.

** I respect my culture, so I wear janai. For me, what I was told during my Bratabandha, most of them are absurd. But it gives me a moral support when I touch my janai. It may be a religious feeling, but if it gives me a moral support when I am in trouble, may be physical or mental, I don't have any problem wearing it.

**When I was in Nepal, I hated preeching for religion. If God really exists, he can not be so week that we have to defend him. Preeching and motivating persons from one religion to another is one of the things I hate. Same was with the Prasadam.

**For me, God is not a statue. He is not a cow. God is feeling, which varies from person to person. I am flexible in that feeling, at least till date.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katai yo pani mathi ko jocks jastai ho ki marconi ji, Anyway, its nice article with logical thinking...

Anonymous said...

If moral lessons in hindu culture are totally absurd for you then your "JANAI" is also a absurd. What i think is like you are lacking something. That's why you told people "Hare Krishna" i don't believe in god. In the later part of your posting you said I believe in god. Here I found a conflict going on inside you. Either you don't believe in god or u do. if do, then u would not have answered "Hare Krishna" people like that, rather u would have given some resonable logic to avoid the prasadam. If you don't better to quit the Janai and live your own way of life. don't mesh with the hinduism and marconi's way of living. If you are taking this as an another experiment, it is damn sure that it end's like egg in a mircowave, ur previous experiment.

मार्कोनी अधिकारी said...

My dear friend Anonymous,

Thanks for ur comment. I may be wrong but that's the way I live my life. I have my own definition of God, religion and culture.
I remember meeting persons with 'Tika in THALI' in the streets of Kathmandu saying that was from Pashupati. The Houston incident reminded me the same.

My belief, my disbelief, my love and my hate towards God is STILL FLEXIBLE.